Monday, June 25, 2012

nursery goodies for a baby boy

I made these faux painted fence wall initials for the newest little man in my life, my very first nephew, who I'm head over heals for (and haven't even met yet). I LOVE the paper I used for the decoupaging! The old painted wooden fence look has the rustic, masculine feel that a little man's room should have, while the vibrant blue and green coordinates perfectly with the nursery's fabrics and color scheme.

The fabric backdrop here is one of the main textile patterns in the nursery.
After first trying to border the letters with antique bronze decorative tacks and then brown grosgrain ribbon with coordinating blue and green stiching, I finally landed on natural jute rope - a perfect match, if I do say so myself! I love how these wall letter turned out so much!
decorative, ceramic letters I painted in the three main coordinating shades of the nursery's fabrics and color scheme = super duper easy little project that will add so much to Little Jeff's room. It's a must for every child's name to be showcased somewhere in their room, right?


1 comment:

  1. Hi , I know it was a while ago you posted these pictures but I have been looking for these ceramic letters and was hoping you could remember where you purchased them.
    Best regards
    Adele

    ReplyDelete