Monday, June 4, 2012

airplane baby shower

the paper airplane baby shower invitations I made for my sister's airplane themed baby shower (my brother-in-law, the daddy-to-be, is a fighter pilot)
I lOVE the par avion (air mail) style and I'm so pleased with how these turned out!!!
Welcome to my sister's airplane themed baby shower!
I played off of the par avion color scheme and pattern throughout the decorations and clouds were a must of couse!
I just had to throw the fighter pilot, daddy-to-be's F18 hornet into the mix here and there even though it is a bit wicked looking for a baby shower.
I matte framed the invitation in red and bordered it with airmail tape and twine.


Guests' favor bags (or shall I say, complementary, in-flight snacks) were filled with honey wheat pretzel twists and honey roasted peanuts as a nod to the good old days when such airline treats were free.

My favorite part! I hung WW II fighter gliders and puffy clouds from the light fixtures and topped them off with 2 shades of pale blue tulle to give off the sky effect.
I was so pleased with how my clouds turned out - so fluffy!
I LOVE these awesome airplane cake toppers I found online, especially since one of them was an F18 fighter jet!!

This sign designated the beverage area. I LOVE these straws that I came upon! They have the same look as the paper ones that are so big right now, but they're hard plastic, so you don't end up guzzling down soggy paper chunks - yuck!
paper airplane garland here there and everywhere!
some personalized onesies I made for my first little nephew's arrival - "nugget" refers to the first timers on an aircraft carrier (where my brother-in-law is currently deployed) and "sausage" refers to the daddy-to-be's fighter pilot call sign.

the 12 month onesies I made for my little nephew's monthy photo op

These prop plane clothes pins were another great online find and were a quick and easy craft project for me!


4 comments:

  1. Omg best airplane baby shower..Is that washi tape??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Eelegna! It sure is washi tape (my new thing)! Thanks for checking out my work and my blog!!

      Delete
  2. I loved your paper airplane invites. Was hoping to get more details as far as supplies etc as Im trying to design something similar if you dont mind. I can be emailed at alkahaul4 at yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I was wondering the same thing about the invites you made.can you please contact me and let me know details about how to make the invites. Please email me at Endomalena@yahoo.com

      Delete