Saturday, June 2, 2012

holiday frills

springy baby food jar votives

I filled the plastic baby food container on the left with candy for my little cousin's Easter gift.

Easter table-scape

The baby food jar votives I made fit in just perfectly!
The Wizard of Oz themed door mural I made for my son's first Halloween.

My son was dressed as the lion and my husband, the grandparents, and I all dressed as Oz characters too.
You might not be able to tell with this crumby picture, but the red poppies were 3-D tissue paper flowers, the Emerald City was completely outlined with green glitter, the witch's message was spelled out with cotton balls painted gray, and her 3-D broomstick was constructed with an actual trig and straw.

Our door was the talk of the neighborhood that night! ;)

I just had to take these plain ornaments to the next level by adding some spooky, glittery accents.
my son's first little Christmas tree - all boy! - wrapped in manly plaid flannel, & adorned with assorted sports balls, trains, planes, cars, boats, & his favorite character ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment