Monday, June 4, 2012

70s style Cinco de Mayo party

I love the Studio 54 style font I used for the gateway - so appropriate!


The entrance looked awesome at night! I lined the brick walls with multi-colored paper bag luminaires to give off the look of the colorful light-up dance floor in Saturday Night Fever.


a view from the street at the end of the night as the take-down started






a view from inside the house looking out as the sun was going down - so cool!
My favorite part!!! These four windows were the backdrop for the party and I covered them with disco dancer silhouettes and multi-colored paper squares to have the effect of the colorful, light-up dance floor from Saturday Night Fever.

On a side note, I love the lone afro on the left side of the table here! Too funny! There were deserted afros everywhere by the end of the night. ;)
I made these candle votives have a lava lamp look to them and I scattered mirror tiles down the center of the table to give a shattered disco ball effect. I made sure metallic gold was here there and everywhere because it screams disco to me.






I found these color-changing, submersible LED lights for the fountain that gave off such a cool, funky lighting effect.
I just had to throw a genuine lava lamp into the mix!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see this colorful and stylish party. I am planning a get together of all old students at one of radiant venues in Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. Looking forward for the best one. Thinking to add some funky decorations too.

    ReplyDelete